JOHN M. AND HATTIE FRANCELIA WILKE HAGERMAN
John M. Hagerman was born December 8, 1854 in Hillsdale County, Michigan; his parents were Aaron T. and Clarissa A. Gould Hagerman. He married Hattie Francelia Wilke on September7, 1882 in Mt. Pinders Township, Oscoda County, Michigan by Clergyman J.W. Hollowell. Hattie was born December 25, 1866 in Erie County, New York. Her parents were Frederick and Francelia Carpenter Wilke Jr. At the time of John and Hattie's marriage, they were both living is Foster, Ogemaw County, Michigan.
John and Hattie had the following children:
1. Era Charles Hagerman was born June 25, 1883. Era died in 1946 in Churchill, Ogemaw County, Michigan.
2. Ethel May Hagerman was born in 1884 in Michigan and passed away on September 14, 1897 in Bay City, Bay County, Michigan of Typhoid Fever. She was 13 years and 26 days old.
4. Harley Edward Hagerman was born on November 27, 1892. He married Martha Adell Graham on September 3, 1913 in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan. He died in May 1977 in Gross Pointe, Wayne County, Michigan.
5. Howard Frederick Hagerman was 5. born December 25, 1896 in Bay City, Michigan. He married Helen M. Watson. Helen was born March 22, 1899 in Bridgeport, Saginaw County, Michigan.
6. Morrice W. Hagerman was born in January 25, 1904. He married Helen C. Boylan on May 13, 1924 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
The photo is of L to R: Harley, Morrice and Howard Hagerman
In 1910, John and Hattie owned and operated 80 acres on Steel Road between Lakefield and Nelson Roads. Eventually their son, Howard Hagerman owned the land.
Hattie passed away on September 22, 1918 and John passed away on July 26, 1919. They are both buried in the Lakefield Township Cemetery.
SOURCES: John and Hattie's marriage record; 1900 United States Census; 1910 Lakefield Township Census; 1916 Lakefield Township Plat Map; Find-A-Grave Website; Ethel Hagerman's death record; John Hagerman's death record; Hattie's death record; Lakefield Township Cemetery Website; Judy Plisek's genealogy and photos.
Pioneers of Lakefield Township - Left to Right: Jacob Brown, Lawrence Dubay, Alva Hinterman, David Dubay, Mr. Harris, George Easlick, Calvin Harris; Ray Rowell standing towards the top of photo and his daughters, Mildred, Dorothy, and Carrie Rowell, sitting on the wood pile. Carry Rowell later married Fred Honaman. photo from John and Linda Honaman Johnson.
So happy to finally have my site live. Looking forward to sharing my passions of the Early Pioneers of Lakefield Township