DAVID AND MARIA STYLES BADGERO
David was born January, 1852 in Tilsonburg, Toronto, Canada and his father was David Badgero. David married Maria Styles on March 18, 1874 in Weston, York, Ontario, Canada by Robert Pettigrew. Maria was born July 12, 1850 in Toronto Township, Toronto, Canada to Richard and Margaret Styles. David and Maria emigrated from Chinguacousy, York, Ontario, Canada to the United States in 1874. They had lived in Saginaw County, Michigan since 1879.
David and Maria had the following children:
Luela (LuLu) Badgero was born June 4, 1879 and married Charles C. Baker on April 9, 1895 in Merrill, Saginaw County, Michigan.
Margaret Badgero was born September, 1888 in Lakefield Township and married Frank Crane on June 4, 1907 in Ithaca, Gratiot County, Michigan. She later married Alex Vondette on August 3, 1950 in Circle, McCone County, Montana.
According to the 1880 Agricultural Census, David owned 6 acres of tilled land and 34 acres of woodland and forest.
On the 1890 map of the Badgero and Galloway Drains, it shows that David owns 80 acres of land in Section 22 on the SW corner of Lakefield and Merrill Roads.
On the 1896 Lakefield Township plat map, David and Maria own 80 acres of land in Section 22 on the SW corner of Lakefield and Merrill Roads. The 1916 Lakefield Plat Map shows that David owns 80 acres in Section 22 on the SW corner of Lakefield and Merrill Roads.
David was elected to the following Lakefield Township offices:
1. Highway Commissioner on April 7, 1884
2. Township Clerk, April 6, 1885, April 5, 1886, April 4, 1887, April 2, 1888, April 1, 1889, April 4, 1892, April 3, 1893, April 2, 1894, April 1, 1895, April 6, 1896, & April 2, 1897
3. He was elected to the Board of Review on April 4, 1898.
4. He was appointed Overseer of Highways Road District #3 on April 6, 1885, April 5, 1886 and April 5, 1887
5. Appointed Census Enumerator April 23, 1894
6. Appointed Assistant Clerk, Board of Election Inspectors on April 1, 1895
7. Appointed to let the Township Hall for public entertainment and pay proceeds to the Township Treasurer.
Records of Chattel mortgages were registered in Lakefield Township by David Badgero with the following people:
November 18, 1886 between David Badgero and Seely and Spencer; January 22, 1890 between David Badgero and ?.J. Conlan.
May 11, 1891 between David Badgero and Tyler D. Mason; and January 14, 1892 between David Badgero and Howard F. Thompson.
David had lived in Lakefield Township for 40 years before selling his property after the death of his wife, Maria, in 1915.
David died October 1, 1930 in Bridgeport Township, Saginaw County, Michigan. Maria died July 5, 1915 in Saginaw, Michigan.
SOURCES: LuLu and Charles Baker obituaries; David and Maria obituaries; David and Maria Badgero's death certificate; United States Census 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920; Ontario, Canadian marriages 1801-1928; Lakefield Township Records.
So happy to finally have my site live. Looking forward to sharing my passions of the Early Pioneers of Lakefield Township