HOWARD F. AND HELEN M. WATSON HAGERMAN
Howard F. Hagerman was born on December 25, 1896 in Bay City, Bay County, Michigan; his parents were John M. and Hattie F. Hagerman. He married Helen M. Watson on March 27, 1919. Helen was born on March 22, 1899 in Bridgeport, Saginaw County, Michigan; her parents were John Henry and Charlotte Smith Watson. Howard served in the United States Navy during WWI.
Howard and Helen's children were :
1. Howard W. Hagerman was born February 18, 1921 in Bridgeport, Saginaw County, Michigan. He married Millie Mae King on March 2, 1941 in Three Rivers, St. Joseph County, Michigan. Howard served his country during WWII. Howard died on June 15, 1971 in Fabius, St. Joseph County, Michigan.
2. Hattie Charlotte Hagerman was born January 25, 1923 in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan. She married Herbert Roy King on April 19, 1941 in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan. Hattie Charlotte died on November 7, 2013 in Avon, Hendricks County, Indiana.
3. Dorothy Arlene Hagerman was born July 29, 1924 in Lakefield Township
4. Robert George Hagerman was born in Lakefield Township.
5. Ardath “Elaine” Hagerman was born February 4, 1928 in Lakefield Township. Elaine married Walter Odell Bye on August 4, 1950 in Seward, Nebraska. Elaine known as the quiet thinker. Elaine loved her family, reading, cross stitching, photography, painting, word search puzzles, sewing, genealogy and sports. Throughout her life, Elaine was very active in church ministries, including deaconess, teaching children, church nursery, Pioneers Girls and leading Bible Studies. During the years her husband served as pastor, she was actively involved in his ministry. Elaine died on February 24, 1917 in David City, Butler County, Nebraska
6. Lowell Eugene Hagerman was born December 6, 1931 in Lakefield Township. He married Maria Pfisterer on December 18, 1954 in Three Rivers, St. Joseph County, Michigan. Lowell Eugene died on August 23, 2017 in Riverside, Riverside County, California.
7. Betty Ann Hagerman was born September 8, 1936 in Three Rivers, St. Joseph County, Michigan. She married Rex Starr. Betty Ann died on August 25, 2010 in Sandy Pines, Allegan County, Michigan.
Howard and Helen owned and operated an 80 acre farm (John Hagerman's Homestead) in Section 24 on Steel Road between Lakefield and Nelson Roads in Lakefield Township.
By 1940 Howard, Helen and their children were living in Three Rivers, St. Joseph County, Michigan.
SOURCES: 1910, 1920, 1930 Lakefield United States Census; 1940 Three Rivers United States Census; Helen and Howard Hagerman's marriage record; Dorothy Arlene, Robert George, Ardath Elaine and Lowell Eugene Hagerman's Lakefield Township birth records; Find-A-Grave Website; Helen Hagerman's obituary and SS Death Record; Howard Hagerman's SS Death Index; Elaine Bye's obituary and Judy Plisek's genealogy and photo.
Pioneers of Lakefield Township - Left to Right: Jacob Brown, Lawrence Dubay, Alva Hinterman, David Dubay, Mr. Harris, George Easlick, Calvin Harris; Ray Rowell standing towards the top of photo and his daughters, Mildred, Dorothy, and Carrie Rowell, sitting on the wood pile. Carry Rowell later married Fred Honaman. photo from John and Linda Honaman Johnson.
So happy to finally have my site live. Looking forward to sharing my passions of the Early Pioneers of Lakefield Township