JACOB FRANZ "FRANK" AND LOUISE LANGE GLINKE
Jacob Franz (Frank) Glinke was born January 11, 1850 in Gotthilf, West Prussia, Germany. Frank came to the United in 1872 with his brother, Fredrick and sister, Marie Augusta Glinke Lange. Frank married Louise Lange (brother, Herman Lange, married Marie Glinke) on December 31, 1874 in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan by Chris Eberharth, Minister. Louise was born on December 31, 1845 in Czekzin, West Prussia, Germany.
Frank and Louise had the following children:
Emma Louise Glinke was born November 9, 1875 in Saginaw, Michigan. Emma married Ludwig Mayer.
Charles Edward Glinke was born October 20, 1877 in Saginaw, Michigan. Charles married Olga Wenzel.
Son Glinke died October 11, 1879
August “Ernest” Frederick was born September 28, 1880 in Saginaw, Michigan. Ernest A. married on Gertrude O. Shelly February 21, 1925 in Sturgis, St. Joseph, County, Michigan
Twin – Frank Fredrich William Glinke was born November 23, 1882. Frank married Auguste W. Sydow.
Twin – Louise Marie Glinke was born November 23, 1882 and died February 21, 1883.
Son Glinke born and died May 21, 1890.
On August 10, 1895, Frank and Louise purchased 32 acres of land in Section 15 on Fenmore Road. By 1916, Frank owned and operated 70.12 acres in Section 21 on the NW corner of Meridian and Lakefield Roads. He also, owned and operated 40 acres in Section 21 on the SW corner of Meridian and Nelson Roads.
Frank passed away December 26, 1923 and Louise on November 17, 1920. They are both buried in the Oakwood Cemetery, Saginaw, Michigan
SOURCES: Marilyn Tester Butcher; Jacob Franz Glinke and Louise Lange marriage record; August Ernest Frederick Glinke draft registration and marriage record; Frank and Louise death record; Charles and Emma Glinke birth record.