GEORGE O. AND MARY “MATTIE” E. MOORE GLICK
George O. Glick was born in March 1878. His parents were Samuel and Rebecca Seigle Glick. George married Mary “Mattie” Moore on May 10, 1904 in Chapin, Saginaw County, Michigan by A.H. Carroll. Their witnesses were Hattie Moore and S. DeBarr.
George and Mary's “Mattie” children were:
1. Howard Glick was born on May 5, 1904. He married Christina Serr on February 25, 1925 by Thomas H. Kremer, Justice of the Peace in Chapin Township, Saginaw County, Michigan. Howard died on May 17, 1981 in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan. He is buried in the Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan.
2. Bernice Glick was born on September 9, 1905 and Died October 8, 1905 in Brady Township, Saginaw County, Michigan. She died of Spina Bifida and is buried in the Ford Cemetery, Elsie, Gratiot County, Michigan.
4. Fern Glick was born on February 16, 1909 inLakefield Townshi Lakefield Township. She married Stanley Smith.
5. Female Glick was stillborn on April 27, 1913 in Lakefield Township. She is buried in the Ford Cemetery, Elsie, Gratiot County, Michigan.
6. Lorena D. Glick was born December 15, 1916 in Lakefield Township. She married Glen H. Ford on November 25, 1940 in Perry, Shiawassee County, Michigan.
George and Mary “Mattie”owned and operated an 80 acre farm in Section 25 on the corner of Chapin and Grabowski Roads sometime after 1907. In 1916, their neighbors were Patrick Riley, Frank Nohel, Oliver L. Milledge, Fred Schulz, Sam Glick and Herman Hinterman.
George and Mary's "Mattie" children went to the Nohel School, which was directly across Chapin Road from where they lived.
George died on May 19, 1918 in Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan. George is buried in the Ford Cemetery, Elsie, Gratiot County, Michigan.
Mary “Mattie” Glick married William Schultz on November 15, 1924 in Chapin, Saginaw County, Michigan; Fern Glick photo of the Nohel School - owned by William Schultz.
SOURCES: 1910 and 1920 Lakefield Township U.S. Census and 1930 U.S. Census; 1916 and 1920 Lakefield Township Plat Map;George and Mary Moore's marriage record; Mary 'Mattie”, Howard, Lorena, Margaret and Fern Glick's marriage record; George and Howard Glick's obituaries; Fern, and Lorena's SS death record; 1915 Nohel School photo from Bill Schultz.
So happy to finally have my site live. Looking forward to sharing my passions of the Early Pioneers of Lakefield Township