PHILIP AND ADELAIDE LOUISE (DAVIS) BOW
Philip was born January 16, 1831/3 in Maine and his parents were Edmund B. and Elizabeth (Haskell) Bow. Philip's father, Edmund, served in the War of 1812. Edmund and his family moved to Saginaw around 1836 where he owned and operated a tavern/inn in one of the old buildings of Fort Saginaw. Phillip married Adelaide Louise (Davis) Bow on February 1, 1856 in Zilwaukee, Michigan. Adelaide was born July 31, 1840 to Jeremiah and Anna Elizabeth Holtslander Davis. “All of the Bow descendents living in the Saginaw area are descended from Edmund”, according to grandson, Bill Bow. Adelaide owned and operated a farm in Section 21 on Nelson Road with her sons, Stephen, Charles and Orin Bow (Orin built a home there later on.) Adelaide purchased the farm in 1893 after Philip passed in 1892. Adelaide's neighbors were Rudolph Hinterman and Peter Rosewig.
Philip and Adelaide's children and spouses were:
1. Benjamin Bow died at four months old
2 Stephen Douglas Bow was born August 15, 1857 and married Emma O. Curtis
3. Roseanna Bow was born November 25, 1859 and married Henry C. Anderson
4. Wilbert H. Bow was born August 20, 1860 and married Cela Smith
5. Charles Augustin Bow was born August 15, 1863 and married Eva Hubbard
6. Orin Sylvester Bow was born April 14, 1865 and married Louisa Rosewig
7. Marion Bow was born October 1, 1867 and married Charles Dailey
8. Clara Edith Bow was born March 11, 1876 and married Cyrus Frost
9. Lillian Bow was born September 4, 1877 and married Charles Carleton Mason
10. Sarah Wellington Bow was born April 20, 1878 and died in Kochville 1918
Philip died December 29, 1892 and Adelaide died September 25, 1896.
SOURCES: History of Saginaw County, Michigan and Wilbur (Bill) Bow.
So happy to finally have my site live. Looking forward to sharing my passions of the Early Pioneers of Lakefield Township