Emil Hintermeister was born in Switzerland and was married to Alice Spurbeck who was born in New York 1862. On 25 January 1877 in Lakefield Township they were married.
Emil and Alice had the following children:
1. Emil Hintermeister was born on 20 October 1877 in Lakefield Township.
2. Mary S. Hintermeister was born on 27 January 1879 in Lakefield Township.
3. Female Hintermeister was born and died on 14 October 1882 in Lakefield Township.
Emil was elected to the following Lakefield Township offices:
1. Constable on 1 April 1878.
2. Township Clerk on 7 April 1879.
3. Township Clerk on 5 April 1880.
According to the 1880 Agriculture Federal Census of 3 June 1880, Emil owned and operated 13 acres of tilled land including fallow and grass and 27 acres of woodland.
SOURCES: Lakefield Township Records; Emil, Mary and female Hintermeister's Lakefield Township Birth Record; Emil and Alice's divorce record of 4 February 1902.
Pioneers of Lakefield Township - Left to Right: Jacob Brown, Lawrence Dubay, Alva Hinterman, David Dubay, Mr. Harris, George Easlick, Calvin Harris; Ray Rowell standing towards the top of photo and his daughters, Mildred, Dorothy, and Carrie Rowell, sitting on the wood pile. Carry Rowell later married Fred Honaman. photo from John and Linda Honaman Johnson.
So happy to finally have my site live. Looking forward to sharing my passions of the Early Pioneers of Lakefield Township